Trotter’s Independent Condiments Ltd are a small independent business located in Kirkcaldy, Fife
We’re a food manufacturer of Condiments, curry kits Fermented foods, sauces and vinegars etc…
We’re a small but close team, everyday we sit down to lunch together and staff nights out are not just for Christmas. We always make a fuss on your birthday (weather you like it or not) and we do everything we can to make your working day as enjoyable and rewarding as possible.
If this is the kind of place you would like to work, then keep reading
Trotter’s Independent Condiments are looking for new people to join our team.
We need somebody who can turn their hand to many different tasks from prepping and Manufacturing in the kitchen, packing up orders, cleaning and tidying in the warehouse, and helping out at our markets and events.
Most skills can and will be taught on the job, but some experience in sales, and the kitchen are preferred.
What you do need are the following:
- Full uk driving license
- Your own vehicle, or be a minimum of 25 years of age (so you can be insured on the company van)
- Kitchen experience, a home cook is good enough NB: making a pot noodle is not a home cook
- Efficient worker with good banter
- A positive can do attitude
- Good people skills and willingness to interact with the general public (at markets and other events)
- Must be adaptable as you will be required to work in different areas of the business, see below for more details.
Areas you will be working:
- Farmers markets and other events
At the moment we attend 5 Farmers market’s each month and a few other events such as the Scottish Game Fair at Scone.
You will be required to attend, set up and sell at our events, handle cash/operate a card machine and sometime coordinate the markets.
The kitchen manufactures a wide range of products including condiments, curry kits and sauces, Kimchi, Sauerkraut, dressings and cordials.
You will be expected to use knifes, table top machines and large floor standing machines, help out with health and safety including washing & cleaning, tidying & organising, and filling out paper work.
The warehouse is where we store all our packaging and finished goods, it’s also where we pack up orders ready for the couriers to pick up.
You will be required to follow work instructions, work to an organisation system, help develop new systems as the company grows and adapts.
Hours will vary depending on what job you are doing.
A typical day in the kitchen starts at 8:30am and goes on until about 6:30pm, you may not be required for the full 10 hours. The Warehouse operates from 9am and finished between 4pm and 5pm, and the farmers’ market requires your time from about 8am until between 2pm and 5pm (depending what market you are working at.
We can work around any external commitments you may have. We like to be flexible.
You will be on probation for the first month and will be paid £10 p/h. If successful; you will be moved onto a higher wage or salary, TBD.
Please read carefully
To apply, please email Byam Trotter ([email protected]) Please attach your CV inc. 2 references, and include a cover letter in the main body of the email, stating your current employment situation and when you’re able to start.
Please also include any other commitments that may effect working hours (such as being part of a sports team or school run) NB” additional commitments will not effect your application negatively.
All applicants of interest will go through the following interview/hiring process:
- Reading of CVs, cover letter and another relevant information you may have chosen to send us.
- Phone interview
- Face to face interview and paid full day trial shift.
- The successful candidate will then be offered the one month probationary period. This is to give both you the employee and us, the employer, the opportunity to see if we are the right fit for each other, ask any additional questions about each other/the job and to elevate any concerns.
If any of the above criteria is not met, your application may not be considered.
If you have not heard back from us within a week of sending your application, do feel free to give us a call on 01592650632 and ask to speak with Byam Trotter or Natasha Skinner.